Thursday 23 January 2014

JANUARY BIRTH FLOWER - CARNATION 

As part of my self employed business I create flowers petal by petal with Polymer Clay, one being the adorable Carnation flower

I have found that not many of us had any idea we had an actual birthday flower representing each birthday month :-0 so my aim is to write a blog each month with interesting facts and more about that particular flower of the month

So the Carnation............ What a beautiful frilly flower it is with such vibrant and bold colours and such a sweet smell too

DID YOU KNOW...... that the general meaning of a Carnation is : Love, Fascination and Distinction

Certain colours of Carnation also have a meaning

A Red Carnations meaning is :  Admiration, Deep Love, Passion, Affection & Deep Love


White Carnation meaning: Pure Love and Good Luck


Pink Carnation: I'll never forget you (perfect for Mothers Day), Mothers undying love


Yellow Carnation: Disappointment and Rejection :-/ 


Purple Carnation: Capriouness, Fickleness and unreliability 
so sad to hear this as I LOVE PURPLE, sob


I have recently combined my own handmade Carnation flowers in my own creations along with January's Birthstone which is the lovely Garnet Gemstone which means: 

Purity, Truth, Faithfulness and Friendship. This stone has also been know to be used for healing properties related to Blood, Heart and Infection

Here is a little preview of my Carnation & Garnet Gemstone Jewellery representing January (although they could also be used as gifts for Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Birthdays and much more too

Deep Red Carnation and Garnet Gift set





Carnations are worn for special occasions from Mothers Day to Weddings, they are also worn at Oxford University when sitting exams with White for the First Exam, Pink for Exams in between and Red for the last exam as a form of good luck

I'm going to finish my blog off by showing more adorable carnations created by hand by amazing artists at the world of Etsy a worldwide handmade selling site that are available now to purchase for your loved ones, for Valentines Day and Mothers day or just to let someone you love know they are special to you :-)










I hope you have found my blog interesting and that it has given you some interesting information and gift ideas :-)

Please do leave a comment and let me know what you think about this blog, I plan to be back next week to talk about the February Flower the beautiful Violet

If you would like to see what I do you can pop by and visit me at the following:





No comments:

Post a Comment